Tuesday, January 11, 2011

happy old year

"Abra-cadabra, ala-kazam, turn Roman into a caged ham!" (Real quote. I could not make this up if I tried.)

This post is a little late.  It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks.  A big goal was achieved over New Years when I took my family to Disney World!  We stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel, where my son had green slime dumped on his head, we watched a shooting star at Disney, saw Cinderella's castle decked out in the most beautiful Christmas lights ever...  Basically, it was perfect!

Upon returning, it was time for my FIRST DAY of work in my NEW ROLE as Mind Body Manager for the soon-to-be-open exhale spa Battery Wharf, Boston!!  Dream come true doesn't even begin to cover it!  

These are just two of the soul-filled intentions that I made, and realized in 2010, for which I am BURSTING with gratitude.

I mentioned that this post is late.  In the excitement of the last few weeks, I haven't had a chance to properly reflect on the blessings, experiences and lessons of the year gone by.  See, for a few years following the big Y2K hoopla, New Years just seemed anticlimactic and unimportant to me.  But in the last couple of years, since I've been practicing intention, (something like deliberate creation, prayer, or goal setting) I have found a new way to appreciate this holiday, by really looking at the journey of the "old year."  Re-reading journal entries, to-do lists, facebook posts, and viewing the photos of the past year, it never fails to amaze me how much I've done or how far I've come.

If you haven't had a chance to reflect on the old year yet, think about setting aside a little time to meditate on your journey and how far you have come in the last year.  Where were you when the year started?  Where are you now?  Did you follow your bliss?  Did your choices feel authentic to you?

I need to spend some time reflecting before I look ahead at the new year and begin to set new intentions for the things I'll create in the year to come. This is a time when I know goals are at the forefront of our minds, so I'd like to dedicate a series of posts to share with you my process for intention-setting in the coming weeks...  Stay tuned!

Wishing you many blessings,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment