Sunday, January 1, 2012

photo of the day: holiday 2011 collage

Holiday_2011

A few of our season's highlights --- The kids on Christmas morning, beautiful moments in Maine by the fire and by the tree, holiday party fun with Jay, watching him catch the ukulele bug!  I'm grateful for all of it...

Of course, not pictured here are the moments of typical holiday overwhelm and overstimulation!  Part of the time, I was feeling pretty much exactly like Tina Fey, the overstressed mom in the movie Date Night, when she says, “There are times when, on my worst day, I’ve thought about just leaving our house and going someplace. Like checking into a hotel. Being in a room all by myself. In a quiet, air-conditioned room. Sitting down, eating my lunch. With no one touching me. Drinking a diet Sprite. By myself.” 

Ahh...  I hear that, sister!  So a few quiet days in Vermont over New Years without the kiddos were just what the doctor ordered!  (Hence the photo by the pool.) What a gift! Just keepin' it real people!  Hope you had a great holiday season, and that you do whatever you need to recharge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment