Saturday, February 11, 2012

previous love, a poem by keith althaus

Previous_love

I've been dying to share this beautiful poem I read in The Sun magazine a few months ago, but I wanted to wait until it got closer to Valentine's Day. It's the perfect ode to someone from the past, for those times when you're feeling all nostalgic...  

Previous Love

by Keith Althaus

Previous love,
think of the sky
above us still,
the parade
of clouds here,
the starlit evening
there, and this one
breath expelled
that you might
catch someday
on a street corner
after its long journey
across miles of ocean,
fields, and woods
that comb it,
take out the scent,
the taste, the sweet
stuff, until
there's nothing left
of me or this place,
or just enough
to make you think,
standing on the curb,
waiting for the light,
of me, and us.

Originally published in The Sun

Photo by Meredith_Farmer

mindbodyblissful.com

No comments:

Post a Comment